Tuesday 16 August 2016

The Clue's in the Title

I was never destined to be a supermum, in all honesty at one point I thought I'd probably never be a mum at all. However life finds a way as they say, and here I am, 6 months down the line with what can only be described as the most beautiful little boy in the world.

OK so I'm probably a bit biased and I'm sure every mum thinks their child is the most beautiful in the world, but come on! Look at that face.


Meet Lewis Timothy Preston. Named Lewis as it's the only boy's name my husband and I could agree on and only then because we're huge Lewis Hamilton fans. Named Timothy as a nod to his Poppy (my Dad) and named Preston because that's what my husband lumped us with.

The first 6 months of Lewis' life have been a rollercoaster of ups and downs, frantic midnight googling sessions, tears, laughter, panic and endless photos. Being the not so supermum that I am I've taken alot of solace in reading the wise words of other mums who are not afraid to say it like it is and bare all. It's all too easy to pretend that having children is the most rewarding experience and that it's the best job in the world, however the reality, at least for me, is that at times it's really a bit shit. Night feeds, teething, poo explosions, starting everyday at 5am, it all adds up and makes you question where you went wrong. So I wanted to start this blog, one; in hopes of helping other not so supermums to realise that they are not alone and two; to help me feel a bit better when the shit column is dwarfing the rewarding column.

I hope you enjoy following along with us whilst we try and work out this mumming business.


No comments:

Post a Comment